Search This Blog

Tuesday 14 February 2012

Vintage Fabrics and a bit of Embroidery

I've finished the first part of my machine embroidery project based on Kandinsky - Hurrah! I used the Moscow picture as my inspiration

and made a Brighton version of it. 

I'm quite pleased with it but I'm going to try another one with a different, flatter paint effect.

I'm working on a stuffed toy now - based on a later painting.

The rest of my time has been spent doing all my stocktaking and finishing off my accounts ..................

Not really!
I haven't done any of that at all. Instead I have been ferreting about and buying vintage fabrics. Here's what I've found to date.
I am constantly drawn to children's prints - I started off loving the nostalgia of Rupert...
 and Noddy...
... but I've broadened my horizons, so to speak, and will now consider anything if it's a bit of a classic theme.

Noddy and Rupert are still top of my list - with the Thelwell Ponies up there too...

but I'm also loving Paddington
 and The Magic Roundabout

and I was quite pleased when I found Curious George
 and Thunderbirds

Whilst I was rummaging for all of these I also bought a beautiful 1930's cot quilt
  and some lovely 1940's woven cotton.

I've washed and ironed all of them and am gradually getting them on the website - slightly slowed down by half term! Although I did go and see the new Muppet Movie -
  - I wouldn't mind some Muppet fabric now I come to think of it. The film was fab by the way - the chickens and the Swedish chef stole the show for me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

lovely fabrics, Rupert is my fave. x

Ivy Black said...

Fab. Love the Thelwell fabric so much!xxx