Search This Blog

Wednesday 1 December 2010

Loading up the Website...

 I have spent most of my waking hours sorting vintage stock, photographing it, measuring it and working to get it all onto the new website. It's slow progress but it'll be worth it in the end.
Mrs Vintage, who's always propped up somewhere nearby, is shown here with part of a glorious Sadler tea set which is one of the many items that I have been photographing and trying to list over the last week or so. The set is a riot of gilding and yellow roses - perfect. Amongst the other treasures added that I am particularly fond of is the sixties magazine rack with it's perfect retro credentials.
I've been having a look through my recently acquired copies of Needlework Illustrated, most of which are from the 1940's and 50's.

 Theres a sweet reindeer pattern that I'm going to try to make at the weekend. They recommend moleskin so that it won't be damaged by babies teeth but I think I'll go with felt! I'll post a picture when it's done - 'tis the season after all.
There are some great projects in these magazines which I will try out over the coming weeks. I'll share any that turn out to be good. The magazines are full of brilliant adverts too. This one summed up my life perfectly I thought - capturing my daily elegance especially with the washing up!

I am badly behind with all my handmade projects. There's a quilt that is waiting to be embroidered, about 10 of the heat packs to be finished and an enormous amount of vintage trimmings to be sorted through for use.
I did manage to finish one thing though. I started a course back in September to learn more about free machine embroidery. It's brilliant and run by a very inspiring textile artist called Wendy Dolan. Our last project was to make a small purse - here's mine .



It's a long way from being perfect but I'm pleased with the way it turned out. I added bits of vintage trimmings and some embroidery butterflies that I found at an auction. My plan is to sort through my piles of vintage habedashery and lace and put them into small packs that would be perfect for sewing and collage projects.
In which case I'd best get back to it!

Did I mention the shop? Mrs Vintage is always in at http://www.handmadeandvintage.co.uk/

No comments: